Meat-Up Ffire is the acronym of a research project, whose complete title is “Fairness, Freedom and Industrial Relations across Europe: Up and Down the Meat Value Chain”.
It is an international interdisciplinary project on the pork sector in Europe, to improve the expertise and knowledge of its industrial relations and to foster common policies for workers’ social rights. It aims at enhancing the contribution of the social dialogue to the fairness, freedom and social inclusion in an important sector of the EU economy, such as the meat industry, focusing on the pork sector. Browse through the sections below to discover more.
- The FLAI is a Cgil trade union that organizes workers in agriculture and food processing industry. Its main statutory principles aim to protect, defend and promote the individual and collective workers’ rights that it represents (i.e. permanent and temporary employees, seasonal and occasional employees) as well as to strength the […]
- NNF organises skilled and unskilled employees within slaughtering and meat industry, bakeries, dairies, chocolate and sweets, and tobacco industry. NNF has about 30.000 members in both large and small companies and is a member of the Danish employees’ federation, LO. NNF’s most important task is to secure our members a […]
- EFFAT is the European Federation of Food, Agriculture and Tourism Trade Unions. As a European Trade Union Federation representing 120 national trade unions from 35 European countries, EFFAT defends the interests of more than 22 million workers towards the European Institutions, European employers’ associations and transnational companies. EFFAT is a member […]
- The University of Lodz (UL) is one of the leading institutions of higher education in Poland. It is also one of the strongest science and research centers in the country. The 12 faculties of the University provide programs in 37 fields of study and 182 specializations. Well-equipped classrooms and laboratories […]
- Warsaw School of Economics (SGH – Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie) conducts research in various areas of economics, finance, management and business administration as well as in public policy and political science. Our researchers lead the rankings of internationally recognized academics from Poland. SGH researchers are among experts of the […]
- Hasselt University is a young, independent and innovative university. The overall objective is to combine academic excellence with economic and social relevance. Academic and scientific freedom, social engagement and attention for ethical standards are the basic principles of Hasselt University’s research and education policy, which also pays a lot of […]
- University of Copenhagen is one of the largest institutions of research and education in the Nordic countries. It provides over 200 programmes for study in health and medical sciences, humanities, law, science, social sciences, and theology. The University is divided into six faculties and is also home to a number […]
- The Friedrich-Alexander-Universität of Erlangen-Nürnberg is one of the ten largest universities in Germany and one of the leading universities in Europe. FAU’s outstanding research and teaching is reflected in top positions in both national and international rankings, as well as the high amount of DFG funding which its researchers are able […]
- IRES Emilia-Romagna is a Social and Economics Research Institute founded in 1982 by the trade union confederation CGIL of Emilia-Romagna. IRES ER carries out economic and social research and documentation activities, empirical analyses, databases and observatories on economics and collective agreements, in collaboration with Associations, Agencies, Universities and scholars. Furthermore, […]
The Università degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo promotes and carries out scientific research and higher education through processing and transmission of scientific knowledge ant the constant training and formation of all staff members and students, to boost their professional and cultural skills. UniUrbino endorses cultural innovation, science and technology […]
- University of Urbino